Click here for a list of accepted items and their fees (if applicable)
Residents need a recycling center permit sticker affixed to the windshield on your vehicle. You can apply in the Collector's Office, Room 17 in Town Hall on Monday's from 8:00am - 6:30pm, Tuesday - Thursday from 8:00am – 4:30pm and Friday from 8:00am - 12:00pm with a valid vehicle registration showing the Pembroke address of said resident (post office box addresses are invalid as proof of residency). If a vehicle is leased through a leasing company, or if a resident is new and hasn’t changed the address on the registration, a valid driver’s license will be necessary for proof of residency.
- Drop-off recycling at the recycling center is for Pembroke residents only
- No commercial waste is allowed
- If another vehicle is used to drop off recycling, such as a truck or van, that belongs to a non-Pembroke resident, the Pembroke resident must be present inside the vehicle and be able to present proof of residency
- Residents must pay the disposal fee of the items prior to disposing them. Please see attendant on site for payment.
- There is no picking of the scrap metal bins permitted. Anyone doing so will be required to leave the recycling center.
- Logs, brush, stumps, rocks, bricks and concrete are not accepted at the recycling center
Take It or Leave It Shop – Building B - Reopening June 19, 2021
Items that are in good, reusable condition will be accepted. Attendants must be selective about what is accepted in the take it or leave it shop so that it does not become filled with unusable items. It may be asked that some items be put in your curbside trash. Large items such as stuffed furniture, lawn furniture, pools, etc. will not be accepted. Time spent in the take it or leave it shop may be limited to 15 minutes.