What do I do with yard waste such as old shrubs, tree branches, and the like?

These items cannot be taken to the recycling center nor put out with the trash. In order to burn them, you must acquire a burning permit from the Fire Department. You may, however, bring grass clippings and leaves only to the compost bin at the recycling center.